higherpowerracing

Call outs! Place your bets now!

Choose which track you want to race at. Majority vote wins!    17 members have voted

1. 1. Which Track for a Friday Night Meet-up and race?

• Clarksville Dragstrip
    • Union Hill aka Music City Raceway
    • Other. Please suggest it in a post.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

483 posts in this topic

Ace's car is no joke and the Hill used to be prepped better than Clarksville but lately Ive heard the opposite.  I can tell you the Hill is back to its slicker days and is NOT FailWD or street tire friendly LOL

Matt

JohnC likes this

ANYways, back to the callout thread...once the 66 is back up and running I might have to try and dial it in for some dig races at the Hill.  Before the teardown it was only worth a flip from a rolling start but Ide like to get that sorted out and start poking some small block guys.

Matt

I've gotta 66 with about 275 hp....and 2.56 rear gears....did I hear "only worth a flip from a roll"?  lol

I've gotta 66 with about 275 hp....and 2.56 rear gears....did I hear "only worth a flip from a roll"?  lol

Sounds like your right up my ally!!!  When the 66 still had the stock 2.73 rear my buddy who helped put the original turbo setup together asked if I was intending on Salt Flat racing it  :doh:  :rofl:

Now Im right around that same HP (will hopefully be a bit more after this round of work and some tuning) and have 3.55's and for once a decent tracloc so hopefully ill be able to get this thing to launch even half decent.  Also, the carb will be turned the correct direction with the new intake which will hopefully keep the jets from sucking air on hard launches.  We shall see!!

Matt

Last time I went to the hill, I spun more there than I did on the street. :lol:

But I still like the track and it's closest to me. :up:

How about we plan for sometime next month on a Friday or Saturday?

I just need to get the rear of my car fixed before I race because stomping on the brakes at 80+ MPH downhill at The Hill will not be fun! No quad shocks and worn out rubber bushing in the UCA and LCA's makes it very interesting to stop quick from high speeds. :fear:

Sounds like your right up my ally!!!  When the 66 still had the stock 2.73 rear my buddy who helped put the original turbo setup together asked if I was intending on Salt Flat racing it  :doh:  :rofl:

Now Im right around that same HP (will hopefully be a bit more after this round of work and some tuning) and have 3.55's and for once a decent tracloc so hopefully ill be able to get this thing to launch even half decent.  Also, the carb will be turned the correct direction with the new intake which will hopefully keep the jets from sucking air on hard launches.  We shall see!!

Matt

Your buddy needed to ride in my old TA with 2.41 gears and a four speed.  8.00X in the 1/8, second gear went to 90....lol!

We'd be a decent run if my rust didn't break in two! 

66sprint6 likes this

Yeah let's set up a date. A month from now would be perfect. If you guys want to do it on a Friday at the hill would be nice cause not that many cars show up on Friday nights. Just give me a weeks notice so I can ask for Friday off. It don't matter to me where we set this up cause I'll be trailering my car just incase it doesn't love all the nitrous

JohnC likes this

Depending on how late that track stays open will depend if I can make it or not. I won't be able to hit the road until 6 and won't get there until about 8.

Tino likes this

Depending on how late that track stays open will depend if I can make it or not. I won't be able to hit the road until 6 and won't get there until about 8.

Time trials from 6-8 then racing

Cody likes this

Yeah let's set up a date. A month from now would be perfect. If you guys want to do it on a Friday at the hill would be nice cause not that many cars show up on Friday nights. Just give me a weeks notice so I can ask for Friday off. It don't matter to me where we set this up cause I'll be trailering my car just incase it doesn't love all the nitrous

Is your car 5 lug?

Im in JohnC friday night will be best we can get all the passes we wont. saterday is bracket racing and we would be lucky to get in one pass. I just went and started the camaro  after hybernating this winter it sounds like its ready to go.

Cody and JohnC like this

Sounds like next month on a Friday is good for everyone then! :w00t:

StreetnTrack invades Da Hill!!!! :w00t::3gears::w00t:

Let me get those control arm bushing ordered and fixed and we'll set-up the day. :up:

Maybe toward the end of the month to give everyone time to fix their junk, plan and request time off from work?

higherpowerracing likes this