Rate this topic:

759 posts in this topic

I'm thinking about a late 80's Kawasaki ninja with fluorescent green and pink paint to complete my trifecta of childhood desires.  I don't have room for bigfoot in my garage, but as soon as I have a bigger shop.

JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

I'm thinking about a late 80's Kawasaki ninja with fluorescent green and pink paint to complete my trifecta of childhood desires. I don't have room for bigfoot in my garage, but as soon as I have a bigger shop.

You have a big back yard..... I think you could even fit some cars back there to crush.

JohnC and mstrpth like this

In an attempt to relive my youth I'm thinking about the ultimate high school car for anybody my age. I had a shitty 79 Toyota Corrola in high school and then an S-15 Jimmy that I wrecked. I always coveted other peoples coupes, but mom wouldn't let me buy a mustang on payments.

So, I haven't bought a car yet, but I'm close. I have crazy ideas for new projects all the time, but this one has been on my mind for a while now and I'm moving with it. I have some parts that I've had left over for years and Joey (higherpowerracing) tempted me with a few more. So, I have a pile started.

I've been looking half heartedly for a while for a nice fox coupe. That's not been as easy as I thought. Most everything is overpriced or has shitty paint. I want a simple project this time, but really I just need solid paint. I can fix anything else as needed. I remembered my friend (engine builder for my GN) has a coupe he was going to put a v6 in. He bought another car to do that with, so the coupe has been sitting. I asked him about the coupe the other day and he says he will sell it. I'm going to go look at it, but most likely this is my new project.

Does anyone know what this color is called? It's a 93 and as far as he knows it's an original color. It's not calypso or reef blue. It looks like bimini, but I don't think that's a 93 color. It could be a 91 or 2 I guess.

attachicon.gifIMG_0531.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0532.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0533.jpg

It has grey interior, subframes, a bolt in 4 point cage and a 5 lug conversion. No engine or trans, but the wiring and a9l computer are still there.

Mike how much is this roller? I have friend that wants to know

The nerd engineer in me decided to make a spreadsheet comparing building the blue car vs. buying a relatively stock car and modding it.  Suprisingly it's about the same total cost to mod a mostly stock car, but the blue car would have nicer paint and sn95 5 lug conversion.

Mike how much is this roller? I have friend that wants to know

It was only for sale to me.  He was planning to keep it if I don't want it.  It's not cheap even for me.

Cody and JohnC like this

And I thought I was the redneck of Hendersonville. ....

I would trade it all for an original general lee, complete with doors welded shut.

Ummm, Lee over at General Towing might have an insight on that, He Has a General Lee himself

Ummm, Lee over at General Towing might have an insight on that, He Has a General Lee himself

He towed my Tahoe one time and when he got over here to my house, he asked if I could make him a push at for his GL.

I'm going to look at this car tonight.  http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/4929722711.html

It's a white LX hatch.  He sent me some pictures last night and the car is rough.  But, I don't care about the body, I'm looking at this as a drivetrain and parts car for the blue coupe.  From what I can tell in the pictures it has original ford 95 cobra r wheels (which I love).  I'll see if the motor is what the add says it is.  It says it has a new 3650.  I know there are adapters to put a 3650 on a tko bellhousing.  It will be interesting to see if that's what it actually has or if it has a 3550/tko and he is just confused.

I'm going to look at this car tonight.  http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/4929722711.html

It's a white LX hatch.  He sent me some pictures last night and the car is rough.  But, I don't care about the body, I'm looking at this as a drivetrain and parts car for the blue coupe.  From what I can tell in the pictures it has original ford 95 cobra r wheels (which I love).  I'll see if the motor is what the add says it is.  It says it has a new 3650.  I know there are adapters to put a 3650 on a tko bellhousing.  It will be interesting to see if that's what it actually has or if it has a 3550/tko and he is just confused.

I don't know man....says it has 1,000,000 miles on it....that's pushing it :D

I don't know man....says it has 1,000,000 miles on it....that's pushing it :D

I had a phone screw up this morning and lost the picture or I would post it.  It looks like it has that much mileage.  I'm hoping the empty roller will have a little value, but this one will probably be a part out to get much money back out of it.

Well a coworker does have one of the General Lee's used, they had the dash signed by the cast but got rid of it during full restoration, only asking $50k for it. I can get pics here.

At any rate I can't wait to see what you do, I do drool over that picture of you GN anytime you post.

Well a coworker does have one of the General Lee's used, they had the dash signed by the cast but got rid of it during full restoration, only asking $50k for it. I can get pics here.

At any rate I can't wait to see what you do, I do drool over that picture of you GN anytime you post.

As much as I would love to have a general lee, my wife would divorce me if I talked about buying, selling or trading for another car right now.  I'm pushing the limits by buying two mustangs.  My wife is great about my car hobby, but I know there is a limit.

I've also poured 4 years of my live and enough money to buy a small house into my GN, I really couldn't sell or trade it so soon.  It's a part of me at this point because of all the custom work I've done.  Don't expect the Mustang to be like the GN, I just don't have that much spare time or drive anymore.  But, I think it will be a cool (retro, if you can call 90's retro) car.  I have a pretty clear picture in my mind of what I wanted back in high school and this is shaping up to the just that.

ls1adam84 likes this

As much as I would love to have a general lee, my wife would divorce me if I talked about buying, selling or trading for another car right now.  I'm pushing the limits by buying two mustangs.  My wife is great about my car hobby, but I know there is a limit.

I've also poured 4 years of my live and enough money to buy a small house into my GN, I really couldn't sell or trade it so soon.  It's a part of me at this point because of all the custom work I've done.  Don't expect the Mustang to be like the GN, I just don't have that much spare time or drive anymore.  But, I think it will be a cool (retro, if you can call 90's retro) car.  I have a pretty clear picture in my mind of what I wanted back in high school and this is shaping up to the just that.

I completely understand, it was a big to do when we sold my Z28, although all that I had done to it was heads/cam and built trans, ran that sucker about every week at the track with over 165 passes on it. It was a part of us and she was just as devastated when I sold it in December. Granted I only had $20k into the car including the price. 

She is ok with the hobby as well, but I completely understand when you start getting that look of "Ok, you want to do what?!" We agreed to focus on retirement for now, but I will be piecing together parts to build a turbo LS engine to put into my next car, just need to get the gas attachment on the welder done to weld the vbands on the exhaust manifolds I have.

Another organ donor to go look at.  http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/4977944184.html

I'm amazed at the lack of info in craigslist adds.  From talking to these guys I wonder if they even want to sell the cars.  The guy that I was supposed to meet yesterday didn't even respond to texts or calls when it was time to leave to meet him.  Later I talked to his brother (on the same number) and he is going to meet me today. 

The GT above, the guy doesn't know what trans is in it or which blower is on it.  How could you not know those things?  I guess I overestimate the basic knowledge a "car guy" should have.  I guess I'm also assuming that it would take a serious "car guy" to own a mustang with a blower.

"car guys" that are as ignorant as you say would scare me away!   Of course, there's the "too dumb to know what they've got" hope...