Rate this topic:

759 posts in this topic

Ive got my eye on that white coupe that sits in the backyard of a guy down the street from me.  Hasnt moved since I moved in 5 or 6 years ago.  I keep wanting to go talk to him about it but never have.  He has a GT as well under a cover but the Coupe looks like it may not have a motor with the way it sits nose up.  We could go see if he wants to clear the spot in his yard one day!

Matt

Disney and JohnC like this

Sounds like the one on Dilton Mankin Rd. I keep meaning to stop in there and talk to him about it, but I need to sell this green coupe first. Once it's gone, that is my first stop!!!

I looked around a bit today and it makes me feel a LOT better about my car. People are asking crazy money for Coupes that aren't nearly as nice as what i've got now. It's insane. Soon to be the '69 Camaro of collector cars. 

Ok Dis...lemme ask you something off topic.  I saw a dark colored Coupe leaving the Kangaroo on Broad and Rutherford the other night and tried my best to catch up (was waiting on the light).  I was it turn on Dilton but I couldnt catch up to see where it went from there.  The third brake light was bright white not red.  I wanted to see where it went and then try to see if it was you or not but couldnt find it after getting stuck behind a guy going 30 down Dilton.  I also smelled alot of fuel and figured either the Mustang I was after or this other car that pulled over in the neighborhood on the left was leaking.  Was that you?

Reason I ask is the white Coupe Im talkin about IS on Dilton Mankin and I see it every day when I come home the back way down Bradyville.  Ive been tellin Kathleen the same thing, "one day Im gonna just stop in and ask if he will sell it" LOL

Matt

I'm the one with the stack of cash right now.  Maybe I need to stop there Friday.  My guess is the guy has been asked before and always tells people he is going to restore it some day.  And he'll say the same thing 5 years from now when it's half primer and rust.

Probably.  Never know tho, he has an older caddy, cavalier, 2 mustangs, a Ford pickup and Im sure theres more sitting around back there.  He has no backyard due to all the vehicles lol

Matt

Matt, that was me. I had just filled it up and found a brand new fuel leak. And I had temporarily lost the lense to my 3rd brake light. I live on Sugarbush, the first road on the right on Dilton Mankin.

I'm the one with the stack of cash right now.  Maybe I need to stop there Friday.  My guess is the guy has been asked before and always tells people he is going to restore it some day.  And he'll say the same thing 5 years from now when it's half primer and rust.

Suddenly, I forgot where that car is....

Cody and 66sprint6 like this

Matt, that was me. I had just filled it up and found a brand new fuel leak. And I had temporarily lost the lense to my 3rd brake light. I live on Sugarbush, the first road on the right on Dilton Mankin.

Ill be damned.  I live off Redwood just up Dilton Mankin before you hit the hard left turn!  Suddenly this EFI idea is starting to sound better and better to me knowing this  :baller:

Matt

Yeah man, I appreciate it!  When things calm down at work and I have a little more "free time" I might have to come check out your new place...namely the shop with those TERRIBLE floor lights that obviously will never do anything but glare in your eyes and couldnt possibly be helpful in any way at all.  Ill try not to  :drool: too much.

Matt

Dammit man! Hear I thought Dis, lived off near Lebanon or some ****, I had no Idea you were near my inlaws place.

I have someone very serious about my machines coming this weekend (just listed last weekend). Once it sells, I have $12k to spend. I also have enough frequent flyer miles to circle the globe, so I'll travel for the right car.

Joey, did you see the red coupe from been light motors on Craigslist. http://greenlightcarsales.net/5734574/Photos/Details.aspx Rusty ashtray, stereo falling out of the dash. Looks like it has a couple gallons of armor all slathered on everywhere. $10k. If it weren't red and about half that price, it would be OK.

I have someone very serious about my machines coming this weekend (just listed last weekend). Once it sells, I have $12k to spend. I also have enough frequent flyer miles to circle the globe, so I'll travel for the right car.

Joey, did you see the red coupe from been light motors on Craigslist. http://greenlightcarsales.net/5734574/Photos/Details.aspx Rusty ashtray, stereo falling out of the dash. Looks like it has a couple gallons of armor all slathered on everywhere. $10k. If it weren't red and about half that price, it would be OK.

I stopped and looked at it..... the door was unlocked so I looked inside it's a pile! I think they left it unlocked it make it easier to steal lol if someone pays 10k for that? Well let's just say they are a few beers short of a six pack lol.

that'll save you on the big expenses

Yep Magic Mike can bang N.W.A while sitting in his racing seat bobbing his head rapping "Rolling down the street in my fox coupe"

Edited by higherpowerracing