ls1blazer

Finally saw a Hellcat at the dragstrip

24 posts in this topic

It's just not right to be able to buy something that fast and not put any effort into it.  I thought tracks had rules for cages and helmets ? I can see it now !  "No Hellcats Allowed !" 

I guess the track will be the only place I won't get picked on (haha).   

66sprint6 likes this

Just in case he wants to be modest. He was the guest expert on the spike show where they LS swapped one of the hosts 4 door Blazers. He had a few different ls swap Blazers, colorados, s-10's and I think a geo tracker back in the Tennesspeed days. They were always super clean factory appearing swaps.

JohnC, Cody, 66sprint6 and 1 other like this

I've actually had 3 lsx blazers , 5 lsx s10s, lsx mustang, 2 lsx colorados, 1 lsx geo tracker and a partridge in a pair tree !

:roflmao: @ the last part...

Impressive list of home built hotrods! I think I rec all some of them from the old Tennesspeed days. :up:

Still have a YouTube link to the HPTV episode where you did a swap?

It's for real !   6.90 with drag radials and a woman driving it .

If this was at huntsville it was a friend of mine.And I believe it went 6.87 @ 103

JohnC likes this

It's just not right to be able to buy something that fast and not put any effort into it.  I thought tracks had rules for cages and helmets ? I can see it now !  "No Hellcats Allowed !" 

I guess the track will be the only place I won't get picked on (haha).

How long before you do a Hellcat Dakota? :hyper:

I've actually had 3 lsx blazers , 5 lsx s10s, lsx mustang, 2 lsx colorados, 1 lsx geo tracker and a partridge in a pair tree !

you sir are my new hero. thats awesome 

It's for real !   6.90 with drag radials and a woman driving it .

I keep hearing how terrible they are.  When you handicap one like that, you know it's for real!

Bad driver? Spinning?

Not sure. If I had to guess, I would say it was spinning. But his MPH was not that great also. It was high 90s on the MPH.

I went to the dyno, about 6 months ago. And the tranny burnt up the clutches, while on the dyno. Mike rebuilt it. But then, I had knee surgery. And I am just now getting the truck back together. I pick up the converter tomorrow. IT WAS WAY TO LOOSE, after the rebuild. So PTC is going to check it out, and tighten it up some. Then maybe we can get it back together, and test it. But they closed down the plant where the wife & I worked. So I retired, and she just found another job. But it only pays her about 1/2 of what she was making. So we are watching our $$$ close now. But come next January. I can earn extra dollars. So I plan on getting something to do then. Maybe even a part time job. Just to bring in some extra $$$$$ and give me something to do.

JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

I went to the dyno, about 6 months ago. And the tranny burnt up the clutches, while on the dyno. Mike rebuilt it. But then, I had knee surgery. And I am just now getting the truck back together. I pick up the converter tomorrow. IT WAS WAY TO LOOSE, after the rebuild. So PTC is going to check it out, and tighten it up some. Then maybe we can get it back together, and test it. But they closed down the plant where the wife & I worked. So I retired, and she just found another job. But it only pays her about 1/2 of what she was making. So we are watching our $$$ close now. But come next January. I can earn extra dollars. So I plan on getting something to do then. Maybe even a part time job. Just to bring in some extra $$$$$ and give me something to do.

Sorry to hear about the job situation. I and others on here know how that is. After the housing collapse, things got really tight for a lot of us around here. :meh:

But congrats on retiring! I know a lot of folks want to but can't afford to. And hey, that'll give you more time to play with the hotrod (actually driving it once it's dialed in) and be on the forum with all of us! :love:

Just look at it positively and try to make the best of your off-time. :up: