JohnC

StreetnTrack Day at US43 Dragstrip - Guaging Interest!

Rate this topic:

StreetnTrack Day at US43   13 members have voted

1. 1. Can you go to a Sunday race and commit to buying a pre-sold non-refundable ticket?

• Yes! Have money in hand, will race!
    • No. Can't go.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

43 posts in this topic

Lol I ain't forgot that day, I got beat every time the light changed colors.

It was all in fun. I was well seasoned at the hill, too. I used to go damn near every Friday night back around 2007 to 08. I'd drive all the way down from my apartment in Murfreesboro to race. 

gallery_1_1_136827.jpg

When I get mine together that's what I need to do, I've not been since the day we all went.

JohnC likes this

When I get mine together that's what I need to do, I've not been since the day we all went.

Wherd.... StreetnTrack like monthly track meet or something. :yes:

My junk isn't fast or really in good enough shape to race right now (been daily driven since Oct 1996 and raced a lot), but I'll still go and try to make some runs until I can afford a new trans and a few other things. :yes:

I'd love to, even though there is no way that I can have my car ready.  I'll be happy to help out any way that I can, and would love to meet folks in person and hang out.

Cody and JohnC like this

I'd love to, even though there is no way that I can have my car ready.  I'll be happy to help out any way that I can, and would love to meet folks in person and hang out.

Awesome! :up: 

I can't say that i'm in for sure until a rough date gets set. as it sets now I have one free weekend in sept. however I probably wont be racing just hanging so don't arrange on my behalf.

JohnC likes this

OK, cool.

Well, we still need like a lot more cars to even put a down payment down on the track. When the poll and folks posting here get tot hat point, then we can get closer to locking down a track day. :up:

This needs to happen asap though so we can get a nice cool day on the calender! :yes:

We could always try to piggy back on an event like this. It started out as just TBSS but has evolved to CTSVs and Z06s. There should be some nasty trucks/cars there and you could possibly get your feelings hurt by a 4600lb SUV (just sayin). Problem is last couple of years the weather has not cooperated. 80$ to race all day or 35 to watch and everyone gets a shirt. http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106337

Oh, and I would show up and hang out but running my V1 on a strip is kind of pointless A) because I need a driver mod and B) the rear is glass and that is if it is actually running by then.

Edited by slim_9916
JohnC likes this

That an idea I'll add to the list! :up:

If this track day doesn't get enough interest, we'll look in to your idea or just crashing a T&T night! :up: