JohnC

StreetnTrack Day at US43 Dragstrip - Guaging Interest!

Rate this topic:

StreetnTrack Day at US43   13 members have voted

1. 1. Can you go to a Sunday race and commit to buying a pre-sold non-refundable ticket?

• Yes! Have money in hand, will race!
    • No. Can't go.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

43 posts in this topic

post-1-0-43266900-1422661556.jpg

OK, guys. :)

Right now, US43 has offered a track rental day for $2,000.00 on a Sunday. :yes:

I'm gauging interest now so if there is enough members wanting to do this, I can secure a good day to race (preferably a cool day).

So that said, I need to know how many of you are willing to buy a ticket, pre-sold and non-refundable, to secure the track for this season?

The reason it would be non-refundable is to make sure we have the $2,000.00 in hand to pay for the track rental. :yes:

Depending on how many of you are 100% sure you can go, will determine the cost of the ticket. For instance, if we have 50 cars racing, tickets will be $40 each for racers. If you do the math, the more cars the less the tickets will be. I think to make this a reality because no one will want to pay an absorbent amount to race, we need to set the mark for 50 cars to make this a go at $40 a ticket.

Spectators, I think we'll work that out later, but something small like $10, or if you're with a racer, $5 for the wife or girlfriend. Kids under 18 will be free. Sound good?

Things to note. I don't do this forum for profit. Everything you see here is out of my pocket. So whatever revenue collected that is above the cost of the track rental, will go in a pot for the next year track rental.

Cliffs:

• Track? US43
  • When? TBD based on interest.
  • What we need to do this? At least 50 cars racing at $40 a ticket, pre-sold and non-refundable. We also need some volunteers to rotate between racing and working the gate, etc.

This will be a big thing to pull off for us being a small group on a relatively new forum. So please only vote in the poll if you're 100% serious about going and have $40 to buy a ticket.

Also, spread the word to other forums and social media such as Facebook. Remember, the more cars buying tickets, the cheaper the tickets will be. :up:

It would be much easier and less stressful to just crash a Friday night test and tune. There are never any lines in the lanes.

If there isn't enough interest we'll do that. :yes:

It would be much easier and less stressful to just crash a Friday night test and tune. There are never any lines in the lanes.

I've been saying that for years, but never seem to get anyone down. 

Im down, whether Im in the ST or the 66 doesnt matter to me and Im good up to about $100 and would prefer a Sat to a Sunday but would be down if thats the only way!

Matt

JohnC likes this

What time of year is best for you guys?

I'd really like it later in the year so we can get the momentum going via word of mouth, etc., and get a lot of folks to come out and race! Also later in the year because it would be after the summer heat has subsided a bit and everyone can run quicker while being comfy. :up: 

Cody,

Trust me, I'd rather do a Saturday, too. :yes:

But it's like Andy said, his track is booked for the entire season on Saturday. So we simply can't get a Saturday there. :no:

Idea! You guys could hold a service at the track, or go to a nearby church before racing. Hey, you might like trying a different church for a day! :yes:

Sept is usually good just not the first 2 weekends as thats when Im getting ready and then going to Gatlinburg in the 66.  That might ensure that the 66 is up and running and if its AFTER Gatlinburg then it will ensure I dont kill the car before the trip.  Otherwise Im pretty open outside of any road trips we might put together.  After April is a plus for me as well because usually thats when my weekends free back up after Tax season.

Matt

JohnC likes this

I'd really like to do a Sept or later track day so we have time for this to build momentum and get a lot of cars and have cool weather so everyone can run their best ET of the year. :up:

Hahaha haha I knew as soon as I seen him post that you'd chime in lol.

Ready to get beat by the weak-sauce clapped out old 4.6L? :love:

Reminder....

gallery_1_1_5076.jpg
Chris likes this