Tino

Union Hill test and tune

Rate this topic:

38 posts in this topic

Change nothing motor wise, just the trans and learn to drive it and Ill be you get quicker. Your not making enough power to make a manual trans obsolete and your not runnin an auto like the damned newer cars that can change gears quicker, are far more efficient and dont weigh nearly as much so they are actually quicker than manual counterparts. I hear you on the old suspension crap, my 66 used to scare the hell out of me just about anywhere I drove it. Finally sank enough time and money into it to make it a little better. Its nowhere near like some of these newer cars but I no longer fear for my life every slight bend or bumpy stretch or healthy gust of wind LOL

Matt

Well I've already bought all my engine parts so its staying auto and getting a bigger stall lol

Any decent lsx setup will make enough power to spin badly with a manual trans. Auto is the way to go no doubt. I know that auto trans are typically boring, but when you have hp on your side, it's a different story. 

Cody likes this

I would also choose auto. I get tired of shifting gears on the street and on the track I sometimes miss 3rd gear and cost me to lose the race

Cody likes this

At his power level, not boosted!  Sticky tires and a good suspension setup and wala...no spinning issues.  Toss some boost and double if not more the power levels and it all goes out the window and I will agree, auto is the way to go but sub 500hp and Ide still rather have a manual.  No hate on the auto, but they have their place and a sub 500 hp sports car isnt one of em!

Matt

On spray it sounds like itll be a nasty setup. Look forward to seeing it go down the track. You gonna run drag radials or slicks?

Matt

Just radials for now. Want some et streets but these nittos will do for now

And it should be pretty quick. But I will leave easy because this 10 bolt won't like it so much lol

66sprint6 likes this

all the auto and ls hate around here.

you guys know where the winners are.

if not come find the ol slow blazer this summer and i will show ya

u know i'm not hating on ls cars. power for price its almost cheaper then fucking nitrous lol. but a coyote swap would be awesome. i really want to put one in something. my funds are like, "have you lost your mind"

AWESOME! I've got to see how things go because I'm slammed for the next two weeks, but if I can make it, I'll post in here and meet up. :yes: