Tino

Union Hill test and tune

Rate this topic:

38 posts in this topic

Awesome!

I think they used to do that T&T on Tuesday nights back when I frequented The Hill a lot. :yes:

Sunday will be much easier for folks to attend. :up:

I have church so that puts me out

All day? Keeping the Sabbath? 

My wife's mother will cook before Sabbath and does nothing except worship, bible study, and religious TV from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday. She is Seventh Day Adventist, so with SDA'a, they do Sabbath in Saturday where others do it Sunday.

All day? Keeping the Sabbath?

My wife's mother will cook before Sabbath and does nothing except worship, bible study, and religious TV from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday. She is Seventh Day Adventist, so with SDA'a, they do Sabbath in Saturday where others do it Sunday.

No but I go in the morning and evenings. I go to a church most ppl do not go to. I have church at 10 in the morning and its over at 12. And its a 2 hour drive to get there so it wouldn't be worth it
JohnC and higherpowerracing like this

Needs a lsx and 4l80e swap if it goes lol jk

Wait wait wait...LS AND an  AUTO swap??? LOL  I would almost be able to allow your comment to pass (as status quo round these parts lately lol) had you said T56 but why go back to an auto?  :rofl:

Matt

Ide love to toss together the 66 and head out there for some fun.  Or I could bring the ST back out there and show you how to OWN the 9's thanks to FailWD.  I love the Hill tho and miss going up there every Fri night in the BlueCoupe.  I will be back one day tho!

Matt

JohnC likes this

Wait wait wait...LS AND an AUTO swap??? LOL I would almost be able to allow your comment to pass (as status quo round these parts lately lol) had you said T56 but why go back to an auto? :rofl:

Matt

Cheaper to build and faster why not. Less chance of missing a gear and hurting the engine. My friend did that last year and his engine didn't like it.

Yawn.  For an all out drag car, I get using an automatic all day long.  More reliable, consistent and can hold some monster power when setup right.  For a street car, BOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIINNNNGGGGGGGG.  Best way to not miss a shift is to work on the driver mod, and an RPM limiter will also help keep from hurting anything.  Theres just something fun about seein a super quick car banging gears down the track to me too.  If my knee ever blows out then Ill go back to driving autos again but manuals are more fun on the street and even at the track at my lowly power levels.  

Matt

Yawn. For an all out drag car, I get using an automatic all day long. More reliable, consistent and can hold some monster power when setup right. For a street car, BOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIINNNNGGGGGGGG. Best way to not miss a shift is to work on the driver mod, and an RPM limiter will also help keep from hurting anything. Theres just something fun about seein a super quick car banging gears down the track to me too. If my knee ever blows out then Ill go back to driving autos again but manuals are more fun on the street and even at the track at my lowly power levels.

Matt

The only manual I have owned I hated. Crappy 4 speed, manual steering with a steering box, manual drums brakes, and had shocks from 64. Was a pain to drive. Its really hilly and bumpy were I live so its not fun driving something like that. I've drove little 5 speed imports but nothing really fun with power. I may love a manual but I like my auto for now

The only manual I have owned I hated. Crappy 4 speed, manual steering with a steering box, manual drums brakes, and had shocks from 64. Was a pain to drive. Its really hilly and bumpy were I live so its not fun driving something like that. I've drove little 5 speed imports but nothing really fun with power. I may love a manual but I like my auto for now

I was gonna ask and you answered before I could!  OLD manual transmission cars are a pain in the *** to drive...my 66 sucks but its still better than an auto (which it had, blew up and i swapped it out for the 5 speed.  Drive something newer with a stick, get good at it and bumps/hills/boring drives be damned.  Sporty cars without a 3rd pedal dont do it for me!  Hell my old truck was a 3 on the tree manual trans and I loved it.  The ST only comes in manual and Im glad, it makes my commute that much better.  Soft clutch helps too so it doesnt wear you out day in and day out.  My 66 would give me knee issues if I drove it every day.  Ill remedy that one day but for now itll have to do.  Im betting if you swapped a manual into your Fbody you would never look back.  Itll be quicker, make more power and be more fun to drive at the power levels your at.  Then again its all relative so if your happy not rowing the gears then its all good too!

Matt

I doubt it would be quicker but may be more fun. I'd like to get an old lt1 6 speed car and daily that. Maybe one day. This ta is staying an auto because converting them is expensive.

It wasn't that shifting was hard on the bumps and hills, its that the cars suspension was shot. It was a job to keep it out of the ditch. There was no relaxing while driving it. Once you let out of the gas it would nose dive to the right. Finally got everything fixed and sold it.

Change nothing motor wise, just the trans and learn to drive it and Ill be you get quicker.  Your not making enough power to make a manual trans obsolete and your not runnin an auto like the damned newer cars that can change gears quicker, are far more efficient and dont weigh nearly as much so they are actually quicker than manual counterparts.  I hear you on the old suspension crap, my 66 used to scare the hell out of me just about anywhere I drove it.  Finally sank enough time and money into it to make it a little better.  Its nowhere near like some of these newer cars but I no longer fear for my life every slight bend or bumpy stretch or healthy gust of wind LOL

Matt