boostdcoupe

Tennessee Real Street!

54 posts in this topic

weve been working on putting something together and its starting to take shape. this is NOT intended to be a TN vs UK thing... we got permission to host this at Knoxville Dragstrip and London Dragway in KY, more info...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/273536456103952/

this will be a "real street" class that will include a tech inspection (i will try to post the rules) road tour, then three back to back passes, drop the slowest average the other two to set the field, break the filed into four breaks and have a runoff with the two quickest in each group to set the winner and R/U... not sure how far back in the group pay will go, still ironing out the details. should have more info next week as were having a meeting with track owners this weekend.

post-1-0-08150500-1420052475_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-53325500-1420052482_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-04572900-1420052490_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-86252500-1420052497_thumb.jpg

Real Street Format.doc

Edited by JohnC
JohnC likes this

A lot of turbo cars actually run stuff past the firewall.  I'm fine with the no fender exit and mufflers required.The rear seats, lexan, and no sheet metal is a bit pointless.  Only two of those apply to me as I didn't feel like trimming up factory door panels to fit with the cage and I guess I could stick the two one lb pieces of foam in the back but all the rear seatbelt crap is gone.  No possible rear seat access anyways? If all the above is going to happen would be better off to toss out safety rules as far as cages and turn off the time clocks.

Edited by thedude
boostdcoupe and cookmaster30 like this

i know mine is out the fender due to a space constraint and running the crossover behind the engine and back up where the exhaust normally goes back to the back

this sounds more like daily driver street lol

Exhaust not running behind the firewall is just taking the easy way out. 

If the person who wrote the rules has a car, I'd like to see the car all these rules are based on.

cookmaster30 likes this

i like the easy way. and i wouldnt say that. the new downpipe was a mofo to make

Well you already had the hole in the bumper to fill and wanted the exhaust in the front.  Easiest route would have been straight back and out.  I wouldn't go changing it up for this class.  I understand they want to keep big boys out.  So far my only issue is two peices of foam and cutting a piece of door panel to fit around the cage to show up and not get the boot.

yeah i am not changing ****. i would like to do a few races this year but stuff like this may just keep me being ricky bobby and just trying to have fun and go fast

you get that car done yet

the rules are basically from NMRA with some slight changes (not the exhaust though).  i came up with the rules and made the changes.  yes, you are exactly right, it is basically DD real street.

my car (short version)... fox coupe, stock block'd 393, CNC'd TFS TW 205's, comp custom, 11.5:1, Victor 5.8, 80's, Stinger PiMP, NX 2 stage plate, XHD converter, C4, some tubular parts, ect...

None of that matters.  Rear seats and all factory interior there?  Mufflers?  What constitutes a muffler? Dynomax bullets? Burns? Vibrant? 

A daily driver class wouldn't allow forward facing scoops. 

Cody likes this

Barry's car is a street car and should be allowed in the real street. He drives it to the track and back home. I've seen him put groceries in the back. I've seen the truck in person and it is a street car. One hell of a street car, but its a street car. This is pretty much for na and nitrous cars

How is it for NA and nitrous cars?  This class doesn't determine whether his truck is a street automobile, the rules for the class determine what kind of vehicles someone wants in the class. 

I'll just set the rules in stone now.  If its faster than me, its a race car, if its slower than me, its a street car.  My rules that suit me.

The down pipes on the turbo make me think its for a na or nitrous cars. I know a lot of ppl run there out of the fender and I don't see why it would be a problem. And I see your point on the class.

Na, just because of a bunch of people get away with it doesn't mean its accepted as "street legal".  There is nothing keeping anyone from running the exhaust past the firewall as is typically the case with any "street" classes.  I actually went out of my way to get a quieter set of mufflers since ditching the school bus exhaust. I've seen plenty of cars fly having the exhaust to the back bumper with a real muffler.

The worst thing I'd have to put effort into for the above rules is the stupid door panels.  Electric windows still function just aluminum door panels covered in wrinkle finish paint were the plan for doors.

Cody likes this

I thought everything in Tennessee was street legal lol when I moved here I saw a car with no windows (windshield included) drive past the police station. There is a guy here who takes his door and back hatch off during the summer because he doesn't have ac.

And I'll just do TNT instead anyway