Rate this topic:

697 posts in this topic

got the last piece fabbed up for the turbo today

E8A686AF-3794-4727-8364-B54F101B06E8_zps

then i took it all apart again to have the vband on the turbo changed. and to check out a possible leak on the radiator

77F62BC6-8AD9-4DEB-9120-D1397DCEA61D_zps

bought me some tail lights the other day

5A8C4051-4774-4218-801C-E25613F5EB04_zps

bought me a new impact yesterday for a good deal too.

D19FCF42-2517-44CE-8EA7-6A4EF5E3238D_zps

JohnC likes this

I've seen folks take a stock manifold, flip it upside down, cut the collector off and weld a turbo flange before. That's what i was wondering is if he did that. :yes: 

I believe they used a stock manifold on the driverside that feeds around back instead of up front, and build the log style manifold for the passenger side. Believe it was Michael who did it who is co-owner of a fab company.

I could also be completely wrong though....

Cody and JohnC like this

i like that piece of piping you made from the turbo to the intercooler. keeps cold piping short as possible. i heard you can set that controller to only cut boost from a lean condition after a certain boost level. like they said you can safely run 13.0:1 up to around 5psi to spool bigger turbos then richen it up past that point. if your still lean past the point you set it to then it'll cut boost after that. kind of hard to explain. this video i watched on youtube explained it a lot better. but it sounds nice to be able to run it a little leaner before you really start pushing boost in order to spool up quicker

JohnC likes this

well i drover her to the gas station and back last night. still needs alot of tuning which my buddy is coming to help me with in the morning. here are a few more pics for ya

FCA9A8DC-D29D-4896-80A1-74CCABADCD6D_zps

74086FAF-1C3B-4A32-9AD4-50625EE6BE6E_zps

52373E47-1542-4AF4-BDFE-160817C93CFD_zps

6CCB2A5A-AB4A-4316-A770-D6FA1CE832D5_zps

thanks man. its pretty good at 7psi. i am tearing it apart right now to change the plugs cause the truck didnt like what i put it. too bad thats a few hr job