Rate this topic:

697 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, cookmaster30 said:

thanks man. it made 1423 corrected to brandx like most people go by but i now own the dyno record at shorts heartbreaker dyno

Holy crap! :stare:

This thing is going to be a terror! :fear:

The Brick deserves a magazine spread! :yes:

thanks man. she did ok last weekend. set the dyno record on one of the biggest heartbreaker dynos in the country. made 1270whp and 1423 corrected to brand x numbers

Cody and JohnC like this

i broke it already. i was having some boost issues the weekend before last and replumbed the wastegates to bypass the solinoids and accidently plumbed the to the top port instead of the bottom. turns out stock heads dont like 50+lbs from twin billet 78mm turbos. broke the crap out of one head. i am dropping the shortblock off to be checked out tomorrow but by some miracle it seems ok so far. it probably saw 1600whp

have only gotten one decent pass with a really soft launch and half track tune up but boost was high on the big end. went 5.67 at 132 

carnage pics

5A3C9EC4-388B-4229-93A8-F3C0E8D44F69_zps

1E6195A2-B5F2-4AA2-8949-16A398CDAA94_zps

E42FCB5C-3552-4BD7-9FCD-B079C01BB1FB_zps

66sprint6 and Ashley P like this

:stare:   Wow.  Wow.  Wow. :whoa:

I'm impressed at every other part that held long enough.  Gasket.  Rods.  Pistons.  Block.   I know you don't know for sure how the bottom end is yet, but even so, that there are not rods hanging out the side is impressive.

Hey, if it broke at 50, can you get away with 48??:dirty:

Cody likes this

Head gasket looks like only the end of the head was broken.  What was bolted to the front of that head?  Could that component have "twisted" so to speak as boost spiked?

well just want to up date this. ended up needing new rings and bearings and then when mike line honed the cylinders one had a questionable spot in the cylinder wall so he is starting over with another block. but crazy enough the crank, rods, and pistons were good

i should have the shortblock back the end of next week if all goes well

and i may have a lead on a set of good heads to put on it but we will see

JohnC likes this

On 6/25/2017 at 9:32 PM, cookmaster30 said:

they are posted above

I'd like to see the chamber that blew chunks. 

i am not sure what you are talking about cause i am dumb when it comes to heads cause i have always been too cheap to get a set lol. they are cnc aluminum but not billet