djoye

Focus RS AWD making it to the US

29 posts in this topic

I LOVE my ST and dont NEED AWD.  But...I HATE FWD when trying to get off the line quick.  If the price is right and the economy (I know, sucks to talk about but its nothing but a quick DD for me) doesnt take too big of a hit then Ill DEF eyeball one.  2.3 will have more potential and AWD SHOULD be able to handle it better as well which interests me.  Im actually holding out on looking at the EcoBoost Stang because if the RS is cheap enough it will be the better buy for me.  That said, its gonna be way too pricey I can already tell so Ill keep scootin around in the lowely ST and keep dreamin bout EcoBoost/5.0 Mustang and RS.

A 2.3T swap into the ST would be fun tho too...but it would be even more fun in the 66.

Matt 

Swapping for the RS WOULD get rid of this emoticon tho thats for sure  :3gears:

Im gonna be picky for a bit tho and hope and pray that the RS doesnt have the same tailights as the facelifted 2015 ST.  The 2013-2014 tailights and hatch look really nice and the 2015 looks stupid compared to them.  The front ends look nice and Im sure the RS will look even nicer but Im hoping they do something with the rear as well to spruce it up a bit.  Ide kill to have everything the RS packs powertrain wise in my 2013 body, maybe with a little different front bumper.  Hmmmm...another idea for a project when I become filthy ungodly wealthy!!!

Matt

I understand the decision between an Ecoboost Mustang and an AWD Focus. It's tough. AWD can be fun, but how often is it beneficial in our environment. Might be worth comparing specs first. See which one has the best performance. More drivetrain loss from the AWD but which will be lighter and handle better?

66sprint6 and JohnC like this

After riding in your WRX and taking that sporty left turn, I think I'm sold on AWD! :lol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ask Chris about how "sporty" the ST takes turns!  (liftoff oversteer is fuuuun)  Im not an FWD fan but this sucker handles...like it was made to handle!!!  AWD will only be useful for launching and snowy conditions for me, which are the only areas my ST is bested by the WRX or other AWD cars of similar power!  The RS will make more power but will be heavier and may not be as nimble.  Like David said, I look forward to seeing how well they work the extra weight into the mix and how it effects performance and economy.  The EcoBoost Stang might be the better performer but having 4 doors is almost necessary for my day to day commute...which complicates my past and future decisions when it comes to swapping keys for another Stang.

Matt

Ask Chris about how "sporty" the ST takes turns!  (liftoff oversteer is fuuuun)  Im not an FWD fan but this sucker handles...like it was made to handle!!!  AWD will only be useful for launching and snowy conditions for me, which are the only areas my ST is bested by the WRX or other AWD cars of similar power!  The RS will make more power but will be heavier and may not be as nimble.  Like David said, I look forward to seeing how well they work the extra weight into the mix and how it effects performance and economy.  The EcoBoost Stang might be the better performer but having 4 doors is almost necessary for my day to day commute...which complicates my past and future decisions when it comes to swapping keys for another Stang.

Matt

It was David (djoye), John Gardner (Fastzntn), and me going to lunch from MTSU one day in the WRX for some Chinese sweet-n-sour yardbird over by Walmart. David YANKS the steering wheel to go left in the shopping center, we're sliding a little sideways, he takes his hand and smacks the steering wheel and it centers and we shoot right in straight! :eeek::rofl:

I was like Mustang, what? My junk would have been on it's roof in the ditch if I did that. :lol:

Ha yeah its funny riding in a car that can handle after driving a Mustang all the time.  My BlueCoupe always did ok even with the front swaybar removed but the other vehicles I was used to was the 66 and my 77 F100 LOL.  The SVO cut my teeth on decent handling and the ST blows me away every time I hit a corner in it.  Its incredible how poised and stable the little thing is!!!  Sucks from a dead stop tho and I imagine with the Summer Tires its not too good in snow but otherwise the AWD will have to be pretty awesome to make the car really stack up.  The 2.3T will be the biggest bunch of awesome the RS brings to the table and the AWD will help handle the potential power the 2.3 can make Im sure!

Matt

No numbers yet, thats what Im waiting for.  Some say mid 30s-mid 40s, others say mid 40s up.  If its mid 30s Im gonna look at one.  Otherwise Im out.

Matt

If that car hits $40k, the price will kill it for the folks that would step over for performance at a lesser cost and really only attract the audience that's already enthusiastic for this type of car. Since I hear of the WRX life ending soon(?), maybe it'll make up for the Mustang and Camaro crowd not crossing over, though. Having AWD might pull over the VW GTI guys, too. 

But because $40k can buy a nice Mustang GT with 435hp, a Camaro, etc..... I don't think the general domestic V8 guy has any incentives to cross over to this car at that price. :no:

I dont think itll hurt sales one bit to be priced in the $40K range, it will only hurt the chances of me being on of those sales LOL.  People still buy EVOs, STIs and Golf Rs for that price!

Matt