Raceall

Return of Raceall

Rate this topic:

175 posts in this topic

Well, just know that I expect a full 1/8 mile burnout video on her maiden voyage! :3gears:

Wow, that's asking a lot for a cheby, better hope for snow or ice!

Worked on my Parents...and a HiPo 289 car one fabled night...that is till the front mount was tossed into the mix then the gig was up.  Turbo 250 chevy sixes have been makin power I hear, but I wouldnt swap a V8 car to a six tho.  

Matt

I still have the factory 250 straight six.  I would all but guarantee that a man could put new rings and bearings in it, and she'll run like a top.  

JohnC likes this

I've only seen one my whole life and it was at the gm nationals. I've heard they are worth money because you can find them

Edited by Cody

Update on my lack of progress: A buddy of mine is making some new shackles to save me some dinero.  In the next week or so, once things settle down with family illnesses, I hope to order my new sending unit, and I'll be back on track to getting the car back on the ground and running a little.

JohnC and Cody like this

I am out of excuses for not getting the car on the ground.  My buddy showed up, yesterday, with shackles.  I'm not sure that a top fueler could break one of these.  I may have to buy longer bolts to allow for the thickness of the plates. lol  The only thing standing in the way is Dad's Corvette.  I think there are about 6 inches between the cars.

JohnC likes this

Stand the vette on edge for more room?  I'll help...with the vette.  Not responsible for keeping your dad off you...

Dad's pretty easy.  Tug on that control wire coming out his belly, just right, and he'll whimper like a whipped pup.  One time, when my stepmom was cleaning the exit site, he said he could feel the vibrations, in his heart, from where she was running the alcohol swap down the wire.

Dad's pretty easy.  Tug on that control wire coming out his belly, just right, and he'll whimper like a whipped pup.  One time, when my stepmom was cleaning the exit site, he said he could feel the vibrations, in his heart, from where she was running the alcohol swap down the wire.

:stare: :stare:

My wife and I were going through some photos, tonight, and I came across these of the car, right after I wrecked it.  Sorry about the poor quality.  I took cellphone pics of the photos.

post-73-0-34026100-1424494717_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-42001700-1424494781_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-26179800-1424494861_thumb.jpg

We do have a family connection with my car (the yellow 74). My great grandmother bought it new. Dad really misses his 73, and would like to find another one.

With my Granny bouncing between the hospital and the nursing home, since before Christmas, and finally getting her home a week or so ago, and work, and planning construction on a house; I haven't had time to do anything for or with the car.  But, I did buy some shackles to get by with just to get it on the ground.  Hopefully, I'll have a Saturday, soon, to work on it.

JohnC and Cody like this

My teacher said he is driving his 74 soon, I'll get some pics for you so you can get some more motivation. And good to hear she is home now

It's been a tough road for Granny.  She still can't walk, or even stand, and she's gone downhill since being home, this time.  Today, it took an hour and a half for Mom to get her ready for a Dr.'s appt., and I have to go over to physically pick her up off the bed, put her in the wheelchair, pick her up out of the wheelchair, and put her in the car.  Then, we reverse the process.  I hate to say it, but the time is QUICKLY coming that my family has to sit down and make some major decisions regarding her and my granddad.

If I can get a Saturday free, I can have the car on the ground.  I think, MAYBE, the last Saturday of May, I will have a chance.