Kevin

RC Toys

Rate this topic:

470 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, mstrpth said:

don't judge the ghost as I only had 5 min to come up with something :up: 

011E0D18-E832-48B8-A9F7-602EDF89CF37.JPG

I just want the video of you flying that around. :lol:

Here's my latest RC toy.  It is a DHK Hunter BL (http://www.dhkhobby.com/ProductShow.asp?ID=301).

20139712839269.jpg

It runs about $250, but I got it on sale at $200.  I read the reviews and most folks think it's better than a Traxxas slash for half the money.  I know it takes a beating and keeps on going.  I'm thinking about buying another for the kids.

Edited by Kevin
JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

They don't make a CTSV body, but they do make and ATSV body.  I tried to duplicate the color on mine and it's not even close, the green layed on much heavier than I planned.  I need some other wheels/tires.

IMG_2026.JPG

IMG_2027.JPG

mstrpth and 66sprint6 like this

i fail to see the duplicate color part. you may be color blind but your car is gray...not green. I know I know, both start with a g but big difference.

30 minutes ago, mstrpth said:

i fail to see the duplicate color part. you may be color blind but your car is gray...not green. I know I know, both start with a g but big difference.

Thanks for the insight Mr. Obvious.  I couldn't tell the difference when they were sitting feet from each other.

11 hours ago, Mike said:

I tried to duplicate the color on mine and it's not even close, the green layed on much heavier than I planned.

The car is a mix of green, blue and grey.  I was trying to duplicate that with layers of translucent paint, but the green wasn't as translucent as most of them have been.

4.jpg

12 hours ago, Mike said:

They don't make a CTSV body, but they do make and ATSV body.  I tried to duplicate the color on mine and it's not even close, the green layed on much heavier than I planned.  I need some other wheels/tires.

IMG_2026.JPG

IMG_2027.JPG

I fail to see anything...but the BELLHOUSING!

1 hour ago, Mike said:

It fits a pontiac and so does the clutch.  Both could be yours.

It would be neat to need another blowproof and the extra clamping power.  It would also be neat to have ANY spare change for such items.  lol    (Trade for an odd fire 3.8? A pile of used AFM control manifolds??  lol)

Oh, back to your paint match issue.  I've painted two cars.  I can tell you that the easiest way to match those colors is to add a little green to your big car.  Just mist it on a little at a time until it meets the RC car.  And  I've got a slough of kids that would be willing to help apply the green.  You could just stand back and tell 'em when it matched.  :yes: (They'd trade that labor for a bellhousing/clutch setup, too.  You'd get a color match AND clean junk outta the shop.  Win win, eh? )

mstrpth likes this

I really need to finish a few of kits.  I currently have a '70 Boss 302, '78 Trans-Am, a 2G Eclipse, Suzuki Swift and a 70's 911 RSR to paint to finish some kits.  The bad part is the newest one is at least 3 years old now. :lol:

66sprint6 likes this

I bought a budget FPV (first person view) setup and have been running it around the house.  Here it is on my Hunter short course truck.  It has a pretty decent picture if you are in line of sight.  Trees, houses, cars, hills, and most other solid objects interfere with the signal if they are between the transmitter and receiver.

FPV goggles/receiver:

http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-VR-D2-5-Inches-800480-40CH-Raceband-5_8G-Diversity-FPV-Goggles-with-DVR-Lens-Adjustable-p-1074866.html?rmmds=detail-left-hotproducts

Camera and video transmitter:

http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-700tvl-13-Cmos-FPV-110148-Degree-Camera-w32CH-Transmission-p-974874.html?rmmds=myorder

Ashley P likes this

On 1/27/2017 at 8:12 PM, Mike said:

IMG_2026.JPG

That is the 200mm isn't it?

been taking advantage of all this rain we've been getting. also by doing this it keeps me from having to sit and dig in the mud with my boy.

11.jpg22.jpg

66sprint6 likes this

Apparently Hobbico somehow infringed on the suspension setup on one of their Arrma vehicles, the Nero I think I read.