Raceall

Keith Berry goes 3.99 and backs it up with a 3.97

23 posts in this topic

That's fast! :3gears:Any Ford powered cars going 3's right now? :lol:

Yes, John Mihovets with a 3.93 on the way to a 5.92. Stock block, heads and crank.

post-76-0-49924500-1415925322_thumb.jpg

Berry has twin 88's and Mihovets runs twin 80's. Both are flyweight chassis cars on similar sized tires. One is a radial, one is a slick.

Yes, still a 4.6. If you add two more cams and about $30k, there is hope for your mod motor. :)

Seeing the new cars and what they dyno and run stock, I think I'll do another (to Coyote) motor swap before I dump anything in to this weak-sauce PI 4.6L SOHC. :yes:

But they'll have to start cropping up in the bone yards and get cheap because I can't afford anything as cool as a new Ford Racing Coyote crate motor with supporting goods. :no:

Do the Ford F150's come with the iron or aluminum block 5.0 Coyote's? If I could get one of those cheaper, it might be doable for a future project on the old 97 GT. :up:

F150s get the iron block 5.0.

Bleh. Fail. All these engines should be the same basically, except like oil pan, pickup, exhaust manifolds and accessories. :yes:

They were backwards with the PI. The aluminum block PI came in the Explorer but the Mustang got iron, hence, how I got an aluminum block PI in my GT.

I just don't want an extra 100 lbs on the nose of my car. I've gotten used to the light weight little PI. :yes:

I don't know if the weight was right, but the shipping ticket showed my aluminum PI at just under 300 lbs without accessories and no flywheel. It was so light, I could move it around on the pallet by myself in the bed of the truck. The iron block NPI I pulled out, had the Lakewood SFI bell-housing (weighed and was +45lbs) and MAC long tube headers, but that sucker felt heavier than a wrecking ball hanging off that engine lift. :yes:

http://streetntrack.net/gallery/image/12-2004-aluminum-block-46l-sohc-pi/

So why no iron block bro? Cheaper and can handle more power. You're worried about weight. Once you add the twins weight won't be an issue.

So why no iron block bro? Cheaper and can handle more power. You're worried about weight. Once you add the twins weight won't be an issue.

Ehh, if you ever felt substantial weight reduction and how it affects handling and acceleration on a N/A car, you'd want to shave weight everywhere possible. :love:

Aluminum block - 90-100lbs

Aluminum DS

Aluminum Flywheel

Tube K

Tube A Amrs

Light weight seats (not drag seats, but something better and more light than stock power seat)

Etc. :love:

Y'all are talking about light aluminum blocks, and I'm wanting to add weight to get the nose of my car to settle down a little. hahahaha

You forget, stock (and bolt-on) modular Fords don't make a lot of power and that's where I'm living right now. So that said, weight reduction is a big deal. :lol:

A year before I wrecked my car, we rebuilt the front end, and I'm pretty sure that either Dad ordered big block springs or they sent big block springs by mistake.  Either way, I stand 6'2", and the tops of the fenders were even with my belt.  And, no, I do not sag my pants. lol