slim_9916

2016 Cadillac ATS-V

63 posts in this topic

Nice! I can't wait to see that car hit the streets!

I wonder why the manufacturers just don't start using turbos on the V8's?

With the HP they're cranking out now (707hp Hellcat, 662hp GT500, etc) they might as well. :yes:

That's a good question. Maybe it's too easy to manipulate turbo setups through waste gates and boost controllers easily voiding warranties vs positive displacement blowers? Also room in the engine bay may limit turbo setups. Much easier to strap a blower on top then stuff all of the intercooler and piping required for a turbo under the hood. The new M5 has a V8 twin setup.

Edited by slim_9916
JohnC likes this

That's a good question. Maybe it's too easy to manipulate turbo setups through waste gates and boost controllers easily voiding warranties vs positive displacement blowers? Also room in the engine bay may limit turbo setups. Much easier to strap a blower on top then stuff all of the intercooler and piping required for a turbo under the hood. The new M5 has a V8 twin setup.

Probably right on the blower being easier to manufacture on the assembly line. :yes:

Might be easy on a 4cyl or 6cyl, but engine bay's are typically tight on V8's.  :up:

I still wish they would turbo. :yes:

How cool would the 5.8L DOHC GT500 be with a TT from the factory? :hyper: 

Probably right on the blower being easier to manufacture on the assembly line. :yes:

Might be easy on a 4cyl or 6cyl, but engine bay's are typically tight on V8's.   :up:

I still wish they would turbo. :yes:

How cool would the 5.8L DOHC GT500 be with a TT from the factory? :hyper:

TT V8s from the factory would be sweet. The new M5 absolutely rips with twins. 11.9 in the 1/4 stock

JohnC likes this

This is the ats-v with tt v6, the same platform the new camaro will use. Which means we will likely see a turbo 4 or 6 camaro option along with v8 and v6.

That makes two of us. I'm hoping with the new v3 and atsv coming the v2s will get into affordable territory for me. I'll likely never own a brand new car. Someone else can take that depreciation hit then I'll buy it.

The cadi V6 sounds good judging from the video.

Edited by slim_9916
JohnC likes this

450hp and it looks hot! Very :up:

It probably would hit 500hp with just a tune, judging by a lot of the current turbo cars and how well they respond. :yes:

Does that make it the most power V6 GM has ever put out?

Not sure but I'd say from the factory yes. If the ATS has a manual option the new CTSV should also. Rumors have it they may not offer a manual in the V3.

I like it. Tune + boltons should definitely get it to 500 or so and you know it will handle very well.

Edited by slim_9916
JohnC and Cody like this

Doesn't it always seem, when you had the money, they didn't want to make cars like this and now you don't have the disposable cash to buy, they produce everything you could have dreamed of?

They should have been doing this in the 90's and early 2,000's before the economy sunk! :meh:

Cody likes this

I'm sure if the technology was around we would've seen cars like these. Look how far the LS platform has come and it was released in 97. With the progression of forced induction applications coupled with mandated fuel economy standards it was only a matter of time. Did anyone think we'd see 700+ factory production cars? Nah but it's starting to look like a better time period for cars than the horsepower wars of 50s, 60s, and 70s.

JohnC and Cody like this

I'm sure if the technology was around we would've seen cars like these. Look how far the LS platform has come and it was released in 97. With the progression of forced induction applications coupled with mandated fuel economy standards it was only a matter of time. Did anyone think we'd see 700+ factory production cars? Nah but it's starting to look like a better time period for cars than the horsepower wars of 50s, 60s, and 70s.

I think the technology was there. But it was probably the cost of changing over to utilize it that kept them from it until Govt mandating fuel economy forced them to. It's that way with everything in tech. The cost in the beginning is high, but it slowly comes down.

And no, I never thought we could buy a factory 700hp car with warranty capable of 10's in the 1/4 for $59k out the door. That's just insane in a cool way!

I think the technology was there. But it was probably the cost of changing over to utilize it that kept them from it until Govt mandating fuel economy forced them to. It's that way with everything in tech. The cost in the beginning is high, but it slowly comes down.

And no, I never thought we could buy a factory 700hp car with warranty capable of 10's in the 1/4 for $59k out the door. That's just insane in a cool way!

Yeah the tech was probably there but like you said implementing new tech at a reasonable cost to consumers is impossible. 

I REALLY like the sound of this TTV6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFybo0PPoLA&src_vid=w_IpVwJXXEk&feature=iv&annotation_id=channel%3A540de24b-0000-237b-9671-001a1140a280