Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ashley P

Tractor: independant front suspension!

22 posts in this topic

Tractors are equipped (most are, anyway) with GPS, and the field shape.  The operator sits aboard and has limited involvement if he chooses.  My  buddy said his GPS unit went out and he had trouble driving a straight line because he'd been dependent on the GPS for the last few years.

The SIZE of these are impressive.  I've got my granddad's biggest tractor, a 1973 Allis Chalmers 7030.  It's got a cab and dual rear wheels.  It had 130 hp, could weigh 16,500, and pull 12,600 lbs in 4th gear @ 3mph.  That was big in it's day, but only a dwarf compared to an 8310r.   See test reports at Nebraska tractor tests.

:shake:  :shake:  :shake:  :shake:

Cushy tractors.....that is all...... :rolleyes:

I know, my favorite cars don't have power anything or automatic anything.

I wonder if I can outfit my 1941 Farmall H with that cool stuff.

Is that a restored tractor or do you still use it?

I think i remember seeing a picture of you loading it on a trailer a long time back, but can't be sure my memory is correct on that.

I wonder if I can outfit my 1941 Farmall H with that cool stuff.

Yes!  People with cell phones tell me there's an appp for that.

It is the first tractor my Papaw owned.  I have not done much with it since bringing it home.  I plan to restore it with the kids in a few years.

Kpate and JohnC like this

It is the first tractor my Papaw owned.  I have not done much with it since bringing it home.  I plan to restore it with the kids in a few years.

What did he use it for?

What did he use it for?

If I had a nickel for every acre of tobacco this H has cultivated, I could restore it 10,000 times.  I have the cultivators too.

Farmall_P7260134.jpg

Farmall_P7260137.jpg

I haven't tried to start it since I picked it up at my uncle's in 2008.  It probably would, but it needs a complete wiring harness.  

I haven't tried to start it since I picked it up at my uncle's in 2008.  It probably would, but it needs a complete wiring harness.  

Gas or diesel?

Wiring harness isn't a big deal. Simple and some repro kits are out there. Got some phone numbers to folks that deal in the resto stuff for it Kev.

Kevin: my granddad had three AC tractors, the 7030 that I ended up with, a 185 "Crop Hustler" that I wanted instead of the 7030, and a little tractor for tobacco (maybe a WD).  He said the little tractor (<40 HP) made him more money than the other two tractors (combined 200ish hp).  Tobacco used to be the $$$$$$$$$$$ crop.

JohnC likes this

Kevin: my granddad had three AC tractors, the 7030 that I ended up with, a 185 "Crop Hustler" that I wanted instead of the 7030, and a little tractor for tobacco (maybe a WD).  He said the little tractor (<40 HP) made him more money than the other two tractors (combined 200ish hp).  Tobacco used to be the $$$$$$$$$$$ crop.

Why is it not profitable now? :confused:

I seen a crap-ton of tobacco being farmed last year around Tennessee when I had to do a lot of OTR travel for work.