Rate this topic:

220 posts in this topic

Update: Car is still sitting. Had a lot going on lately but I'm ready to get this thing out of the garage but I need some help to get this thing back on the road. If anyone is looking for some side work I will be more than happy to discuss.  Engine/trans is out of the car and everything was bagged/labeled when pulled. Had the cylinders honed and re-assembled with stock parts and ARP rod bolts but I don't have much confidence in the machine work that was done and would like someone to double check the block. 

Not opposed to a shop either since it will also have to be tuned for the heads/cam setup. My wife would be ecstatic to get a parking spot in the garage for Christmas. :lol: 

Disney and JohnC like this

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

@Disney and @Mike are the best LSx guys I know. :yes:

One of them might be able to help you out.

I wouldn't let anyone else touch my junk to be honest. :love:

I emailed Vengeance just to see what they would say but never got a response. Got married last year and paid all my debt off (other than the house) and I've been dying to have something fun again. 

JohnC likes this

7 hours ago, JohnC said:

Excellent! 

3E9C5F1D-F605-4F5D-BBAC-E149276E62FF.gif

7 hours ago, JohnC said:

On 9/11/2018 at 9:02 AM, Disney said:

I'd be interested in putting it back together. Would be fun.

I knew we talked a couple of years ago about it but wasn't sure if you had any interest. I'll pm my number so we can discuss. So apparently I never posted this and just sent you the PM anyways.

JohnC and Disney like this

Update: Engine is back from Shackletts and ready to go. It's good thing I never tried to run the engine after I got it back from the machine shop in Murfreesboro. We will be moving the car this weekend to a friends shop where it will finally be resurrected. It's been a long time coming to say the least. Any recommendations for a transmission shop to go through the T56?

IMG_3882 (1).jpg

JohnC, Tino, Disney and 1 other like this

The only M/T place I know of around here is C&L Transmissions on Gallatin Pike in East Nashville. I've been up there to get some M/T parts for a trans I was doing and he knows his stuff. 

I'm super glad to see this project going!!!  

66sprint6 likes this

12 hours ago, Disney said:

The only M/T place I know of around here is C&L Transmissions on Gallatin Pike in East Nashville. I've been up there to get some M/T parts for a trans I was doing and he knows his stuff. 

I'm super glad to see this project going!!!  

Nothing like a baby on the way to get a project motivated. I planned on checking with the guy who took over Phil's Transmission now known as Matt's Transmission to see if they had any interest. 

It's going to take quite a bit of time and effort but she will live again. 

Disney, 66sprint6 and JohnC like this

Lol nah. Maybe one of these days it will get a LSA blower but main goal is to get the car back on the road. It's been sitting for a few years at this point. V1s aren't really known for their 1/4 mile performance. It will be much more likely to see a road course before a 1/4 mile at this point. I plan on beefing up the rear end but that's secondary until it is running and driving. Baby is due Jan 14 so we are on the clock. 

It's stock bottom end LS6 with arp rod bolts and decent sized cam. The heads were sent to AI for port/polish and bumped the compression up slightly so it should make around 420-430 to the wheels.

JohnC and Disney like this

Made a little progress over the last couple of weeks. Getting close to getting the engine back in. Still cleaning and preparing everything and getting parts in. Old fue60B13AA6-51B0-43B8-8EAC-DAEF15ABC1AE.jpegl pump is out and tank has been drained. 

Disney, JohnC, 66sprint6 and 1 other like this

Engine is in and just about ready to go. Picture is a couple of weeks old but the knock sensors, harness, plugs/wires and headers are on. At least two plug wires sit directly on the headers so I'll need to wrap them or figure something out. Need to get the intake manifold and fuel rails on but new fuel pump is in. Transmission is still out of the car but that will be the next to go in. Ordered 42lb injectors from Brian Tooley but haven't heard anything since I ordered on the 15th and I'm afraid they are going to hold everything up. Waiting on their response but may need to find injectors soon if anybody happens to have a set of stock ls1/ls6 injectors. My old injectors are shot form sitting. Should have seen some of the old fuel that came out of the lines.

IMG_2521.JPG

mstrpth, Disney, JohnC and 1 other like this

I was almost ready to take you up on the 60lbers and then they finally showed up. We fired the car up for the first time last night and everything sounded good. Oil pressure was a little lower than I liked but it was cold and that oil looked like sludge when I filled it up so we'll what it looks like when it's had a chance to run for more than a few minutes. Didn't want to idle and had no gas pedal with the ls2 tb. Swapped the original back on and everything worked again and could give it a few revs. 

66sprint6, Tino, Ashley P and 2 others like this

Reflashed the car last night and it idles much better. Not sure if it didnt write to the ecm or what. Need to get the driveshaft back in and the exhaust buttoned up and she will be ready to hit the road again. Planning on getting that stuff done on Sunday and it all goes well and my son hasnt made his debut then I will run it through emissions on Monday. 

Disney and JohnC like this