Rate this topic:

206 posts in this topic

Is it a t56 or a tr6060?

Should just need carbon blocker rings in 2/3/4 and bronze shift fork pads. If it's a t56 and you have money to burn maybe an output shaft, but I don't know what comes in a gen 1 V. The t56 is a strong, good shifting trans as is. The carbon blocker rings are expensive so you can save money by putting them where you do the most high rpm shifting.

It's a T56. Nah not really any extra cash to burn at this point. Just figured while the trans was out that I might as well have it gone through.

The t56 is pretty darn good as is. If it wasn't giving you shifting problems, a rebuild might be a waste. The carbon blockers are like $70 each and the t56 doesn't need them like the tr6060 does. Spend the money on a better clutch or a tick master.

Cool, it'll probably take a couple weeks minimum to get it to the machine shop and turned. Thinking about forging bottom end. Gf's cousin has been on me since the top end is solid that I might as well do the bottom end too.

LS7 clutch kit will be ordered soon. Probably going to take the t56 down to Phils transmission in the Boro and have them go through it and add some upgrades. Anybody have any must do recommendations on what to build for the trans? Just starting to look into that aspect.

Wait I thought stock bottom ends would support 1k hp?

I had a guy yesterday while driving around town do a fly by ...he nailed it behind me n passed me with with a big smile on his face fucker..I was driving the jetta:*(

Blacked out CTS-v blower was loud

JohnC and slim_9916 like this

I'm excited! I can't wait to see this thing done!

I'm gonna pull a johnc here... I want dibs on first non family member ride!

It's a sedan so there's room for a few. :lol:

You said you were going forged already lol when did a crank cost 5k.? Lol jk

Stroker kit plus crank? lol I don't know and all I can get out of my block is 383. Probably better off just getting a fast setup.

Forged rods and pistons, still a 346. Ported heads, BTE cam, fast intake and throttle body. t56 with mcleod Rxt clutch. That pass was on the bottle, but he had been low 10's on motor. Probably 200 shot in that video. It's a c5 z06 which is about as light as it gets. But it gets it for a 346. The small bore of an Ls1/6 block limits the valve sizes and you really need more head to take advantage of a 383.

slim_9916 likes this

Forged rods and pistons, still a 346. Ported heads, BTE cam, fast intake and throttle body. t56 with mcleod Rxt clutch. That pass was on the bottle, but he had been low 10's on motor. Probably 200 shot in that video. It's a c5 z06 which is about as light as it gets. But it gets it for a 346. The small bore of an Ls1/6 block limits the valve sizes and you really need more head to take advantage of a 383.

This. If I forge the bottom end it'll take a 100-150 shot no problem. 440-450 on motor and 550+ with a shot.

JohnC likes this

The caddy will never see anywhere near a 10 sec pass though. Suspension and rear will never get it there.

Mike is right about the trans, I would say the bronzed shift fork pads and carbon blocker rings should suffice to get you by. The only suggestion I have is to run a better clutch, the LS7 is not great for launching, it is ok for road course but it burns up quick in stock C6 Z06's. I would get a monster stage three and a tick master.  

Mike is right about the trans, I would say the bronzed shift fork pads and carbon blocker rings should suffice to get you by. The only suggestion I have is to run a better clutch, the LS7 is not great for launching, it is ok for road course but it burns up quick in stock C6 Z06's. I would get a monster stage three and a tick master.  

I'm not really that concerned about launching. I bought this car with the thought of DD and maybe some road racing. It may not ever see a strip. With everything else, cost is going to limit the clutch setup. Been thinking about going fast 102 but that's $$$ with tb and fuel rails. Need to see what the machine shop total will be before I get too carried away.  

ls1adam84 likes this

I'm not really that concerned about launching. I bought this car with the thought of DD and maybe some road racing. It may not ever see a strip. With everything else, cost is going to limit the clutch setup. Been thinking about going fast 102 but that's $$$ with tb and fuel rails. Need to see what the machine shop total will be before I get too carried away.  

I gotcha, I just know anyone who makes decent torque burns them up quick, especially since the CTS-V is a few hundred lbs heavier than a vette. I keep wanting one of the teal cts-v's, actually the lsa powered ones would be preferred haha.

slim_9916 likes this

Better clutch isn't out of the question but I also have to keep in mind that I get tired of cars and will sell them after a year or two. Yes, a V2 is high on the list for my next car. I need that 100 shot just to keep up with bolt on V2s. :lol:

Edited by slim_9916
ls1adam84 likes this

Face Plated TR6060

....has my approval.   Shifting by tugging on the stick and waiting for the rev limiter to touch, causing the backfire, maybe?

....has my approval.   Shifting by tugging on the stick and waiting for the rev limiter to touch, causing the backfire, maybe?

Those cars are tuned for a no-lift shift.  It's something kinda new in some of the GM ecu's.  When the clutch is pressed, the ecu pulls a ton of timing to keep the motor from over revving.  That combined with the nitrous on a window switch is probably the cause.  My friends car does it also.  Sounded like a shotgun at Beech Bend last time.

post-76-0-48966300-1438978529.jpg

JohnC likes this