Rate this topic:

206 posts in this topic

Got the 4 bottom bell housing bolts out. Going to put the wheels back on and put it on the ground to get the top. Trying to figure out if I need to mess with this or not? Had the harness clipped to it.

post-242-0-01607900-1435432874_thumb.jpg

Cody likes this

Probably all I'll do today. :lol: I threw 80+ pitches Monday night and my arm was feeling good until I picked up the wheels.

post-242-0-81745600-1435434735_thumb.jpg

Edited by slim_9916
Cody likes this

Everyone needs a V. I really want a V2 wagon.

Trying to get the engine free from the trans now. Hopefully have it out soon.

The wagon would be awesome! Honestly I would love to have either. Forged 408 with boost would BA!
JohnC likes this

The wagon would be awesome! Honestly I would love to have either. Forged 408 with boost would BA!

Yeah I'd be fine with a sedan too. :lol: problem is the wagons are about 10k more than comparable sedans or coupes.

What now? Forged 408?

Nah just an ole slow, stock cube, stock heads LS6.....

I'm on my phone and can't find the evil emoji.

Cody likes this

Took longer than expected and a few stripped shifter bolts but this is the aftermath. My GFs cousin came through with tools and know how. He's a diesel mechanic for Estes trucking.

post-242-0-17203400-1438484199_thumb.jpg

Cody and JohnC like this

Nice man, in about 2 weeks I can come help on the weekends, we have been rebuilding networks for clients the last couple weekends and this weekend is our last.

Funny thing is there is a kid in my neighborhood with one of these, he complained once about people stopping too close to him and he is tired of launching his 400hp cadillac to keep from rolling back into people....

Cool, it'll probably take a couple weeks minimum to get it to the machine shop and turned. Thinking about forging bottom end. Gf's cousin has been on me since the top end is solid that I might as well do the bottom end too.

LS7 clutch kit will be ordered soon. Probably going to take the t56 down to Phils transmission in the Boro and have them go through it and add some upgrades. Anybody have any must do recommendations on what to build for the trans? Just starting to look into that aspect.

Cody and JohnC like this

Cool, it'll probably take a couple weeks minimum to get it to the machine shop and turned. Thinking about forging bottom end. Gf's cousin has been on me since the top end is solid that I might as well do the bottom end too.

LS7 clutch kit will be ordered soon. Probably going to take the t56 down to Phils transmission in the Boro and have them go through it and add some upgrades. Anybody have any must do recommendations on what to build for the trans? Just starting to look into that aspect.

Is it a t56 or a tr6060?

Should just need carbon blocker rings in 2/3/4 and bronze shift fork pads. If it's a t56 and you have money to burn maybe an output shaft, but I don't know what comes in a gen 1 V. The t56 is a strong, good shifting trans as is. The carbon blocker rings are expensive so you can save money by putting them where you do the most high rpm shifting.

ls1adam84 likes this