Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ts1979flh

A few pics of my bike

18 posts in this topic

This is my 2004 Softail Standard.  I bought it new.  I just put the bars on it this summer.  They are 18 inch on a 2 inch rise.

med_gallery_252_15_491863.jpg

View from the road.

med_gallery_252_15_217483.jpg

This is my son trying them on for size.

med_gallery_252_15_211987.jpg

Kpate and JohnC like this

Nice bike! :up:

Is that a rigid frame no rear suspension)?

I always thought he rigid frame Harley's look the best.

Just curious how good they ride, though.

Nice bike! :up:

Is that a rigid frame no rear suspension)?

I always thought he rigid frame Harley's look the best.

Just curious how good they ride, though.

Thanks.  It's not a ridid, it's a softail.  I have it lowered in the rear so it does not ride all that good.  It's not back breaking or anything, it just doesn't ride like stock.

Any other plans on customizing, or you going to keep it this way?

I know if I had a Harley, I wouldn't be able to stop customizing it. But it would probably suck to ride after I got done though. :lol:

I doubt do anything else to it.  I'm not much into the chrome and stuff.  Plus, I hate to wash it.  I do have an old 70's chopper with a Honda CB750 Four engine in the frame.  It has a coffin shaped tank, big ol king and queen seat.  It's pretty cool, but it is pretty rough shape. I'd like to get it going.   I'll see if I can find any pictures of it. 

JohnC likes this

I doubt do anything else to it.  I'm not much into the chrome and stuff.  Plus, I hate to wash it.  I do have an old 70's chopper with a Honda CB750 Four engine in the frame.  It has a coffin shaped tank, big ol king and queen seat.  It's pretty cool, but it is pretty rough shape. I'd like to get it going.   I'll see if I can find any pictures of it.

Please do find and share picture of that bike! :hyper:

Here is a picture of the Honda Chopper right after I got it.  I have not done anything else to it.  It's missing the rear fender in this picture. 

gallery_252_15_65203.jpg

I'm sure that it is an AMEN frame.  I haven't been able to find any markings though.  But it has to be one. I looked at that catalog a lot when I got it.   It has a lot of pieces that I believe are made by AMEN.  It has the finned clutch and alternator covers (p29).  I have the chain guard (p29).  The exhaust pipe on the left side is off, but they look like the ones on page 25, #10-750k.  The oil tank on page 22 matches the one on the bike.  The wheels are old Invader wheels.  I believe they quit making them in the early 80's but someone makes a newer version of them now.  Stories I've been told are that the welds that held the spokes to the hub and rim were bad to break.  It's a cool old bike.  I hope to get it running one day.  Plus, I only gave $150.00 for it.  :w00t:

Kpate likes this

It's pretty cool.  I'm not sure what it would be worth fixed up.  I don't imagine it would very valuable.  

As much as someone is willing to spend for it.... :word:  Know a bunch of cafe racer guys who would like to have that engine though.... :3gears: