First Gen CTS-V

slim9916

We got the car running last year before my son was born in  Jan. 21. Still needs to have the tune dialed in but the car runs great and only has a minor power steering leak. Next up is the 5 lug swap. Does anyone have the capability or know a machine shop that will open up hub bores? Corvette hubs are 70.3 and factory v2 wheels are 66.9. Haven't decided on wheels yet but may still need to open up the hub bore based on lack of available wheels for 5x120/corvette hub bore. 

• Like 1

Build recap: Advanced Induction 243s with AI 228/232 cam and BTR top end. Milled the heads to bump compression slightly over stock. Shacklett cleaned up the mickey mouse work done by a previous shop and re-assembled with ARP rod bolts and stock bottom end. LS7 clutch and flywheel and 100k mile stock T56. My wife's cousin and I (mostly him) put it all back together. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, slim9916 said:

We got the car running last year before my son was born in  Jan. 21. Still needs to have the tune dialed in but the car runs great and only has a minor power steering leak. Next up is the 5 lug swap. Does anyone have the capability or know a machine shop that will open up hub bores? Corvette hubs are 70.3 and factory v2 wheels are 66.9. Haven't decided on wheels yet but may still need to open up the hub bore based on lack of available wheels for 5x120/corvette hub bore. 

I have the capability. Do you just need the bore opened up to 70.3mm? That should be a fairly straight forward job on the Bridgeport. 

17 hours ago, Disney said:

I have the capability. Do you just need the bore opened up to 70.3mm? That should be a fairly straight forward job on the Bridgeport. 

Pretty much. Easiest route is to re-drill the stock rotors and machine the wheels to the C5 hub bore so that's the plan for now. 

On 9/14/2022 at 1:26 PM, JohnC said:

Car looks super clean!

Next stop, 1/4 mile? 😀

Thanks. Looks good from 5-10 feet. If I keep it I'll probably get it re-sprayed at some point and get a new front bumper. 

Nah probably wont ever see the strip. Between the wheel hop and the glass diff it's probably a bad idea just to go run a 12-13 second quarter mile. 😅 Would like to get it on a road course one of these days after it's all sorted out. 

Edited by slim9916