Rate this topic:

151 posts in this topic

You wont have any issues runnin me down.  Auto, light weight, Fox platform so hookin up wont be hard.  I just got this car faster than the BlueCoupe was...and now its back for vengeance LOL

Matt

11 hours ago, Nostalgic1 said:

I’m coming for you, John!  You’ve got the coupe in hp/tq but I think it’ll make up for it in weight.

BC7C876D-914B-4B48-BD1E-803585A7D0F0.jpeg

Weight has got me. You'll win!

But in the rwhp war, I should be making around 500 whp. If you look at my dyno, the operator shut it down early and HP dropped off way early. I have an issue someplace because that chart should have kept building HP all the way to 6,800 rpm's.

Once I solve that, I'll win the dyno trophy! :love:

Track times are more important than Dyno #'s unless all your gonna do is bench race and that gets old quick.  Guy I know down the street bench races more than anyone I know and has no clue how a 272whp car can give a 450whp car a hard time side by side.  I don't even bother anymore with him, he's never been to a track and wouldn't know how to launch if Houston walked him thru it, hooked him to a rocket, counted him down and hit the button for him.  

Anyways, can't wait to see the little Coupe hit the track.  Wicked #'s for a header/tune only 1st Gen Coyote and in a fantastic little car too.  Jealous am I, very jealous.

Matt

Ashley P, JohnC and Disney like this

4 hours ago, Disney said:

I would do nasty nasty burnouts in it.

Clockwise or counter-clockwise? 

Got to check it out in person today.  Looks aaamaaaazing, sounds great and runs like a champ.  Little bit of break in and it'll be even better!  Thanks for letting me ride in the old Coupe again.  It's time for it to truely start it's next life and it's in good hands!!!

Matt

JohnC and Nostalgic1 like this

2 hours ago, Nostalgic1 said:

Wouldn’t you know it, 250 driving miles on the car and the driver’s side window motor goes out. In the down position, of course!

Ha.  Wouldn't bother me none.  The 66's is only up when parked outside in the rain.  Its used so rarely it doesnt like to go up and down smooth lol.  Should be an easy fix for the Coupe tho!

Matt

4 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

Ha.  Wouldn't bother me none.  The 66's is only up when parked outside in the rain.  Its used so rarely it doesnt like to go up and down smooth lol.  Should be an easy fix for the Coupe tho!

Matt

Yeah, easy fix.  Already pulled the bad motor out, new one should be here Wednesday.  The only concern I had with the window being stuck down was the chance of rain every day this week. Otherwise, it’s pretty much driven with the windows down.

JohnC likes this

So when are you taking it to the dragstrip? :D

Btw... Put it on a scale. I'm curious how much it weighs.

I'm guessing weight is somewhere around 3,100 without driver. :yes:

I guess-timate low 11's easy with good tire and driving.

50 minutes ago, JohnC said:

So when are you taking it to the dragstrip? :D

Btw... Put it on a scale. I'm curious how much it weighs.

I'm guessing weight is somewhere around 3,100 without driver. :yes:

I guess-timate low 11's easy with good tire and driving.

I’d like to it broken in before going to the track.  Right now, it has a total of ~300 miles on the engine/transmission/rear end.  I definitely want to see what it will do at the track and I think your guess would be pretty close.  I’d like to see the weight, as well.

JohnC likes this

Posted (edited)

CAT scale showed 3220lbs with full interior, stereo and a full tank of fuel and no driver.  I’m going to ask Seth Hester to bring his four corner scales  to C&C to see what that shows. CAT scale showed a 60/40. f/r weight bias.  No surprise there.

Edited by Nostalgic1
JohnC and 66sprint6 like this