Rate this topic:

151 posts in this topic

My goodness that looks nice! :love:

If you care to share, how much did he charge total? 

Just wanting a ballpark so I know what I'm looking at in the future if I decide to redo the paint on my GT. 

I don't want to post anything in public regarding the cost without first getting the permission of the person who did the work.  Also, what he did this job for is likely less than what it might cost otherwise since a majority of the deconstruction/prep work was done prior to delivering the car to him.   Anybody who has done this type of work or paid to have it done will tell you it is the time investment/labor that is the majority of the cost.

Edited by Nostalgic1
JohnC, Kevin and mstrpth like this

15 minutes ago, Nostalgic1 said:

Nope.  Coyote is the desire, if we can find one for the right price.  If not, then I'll swap k-members and go with an old-school 5.0.  

How did I forget/miss that! :hyper: 

This is absolutely going to be an awesome car! :love:

Better get some sticky 10.5's out back! It's going to need it! :3gears: 

3 hours ago, Nostalgic1 said:

Anybody who has done this type of work or paid to have it done will tell you it is the time investment/labor that is the majority of the cost.

Seriously?  Body work is so easy.  :)

18 hours ago, Kevin said:

Seriously?  Body work is so easy. :)

...says the blind man suffering from peripheral neuropathy.

Edited by Ashley P

2 hours ago, higherpowerracing said:

Get a truck 5.0 and change the intake cams. The exhaust cams are the same. It will be about 20hp short due to a difference in the compression but still run great in that little car.  

That's the fall back if we cannot locate a Coyote out of a Mustang for a reasonable price.

5 hours ago, higherpowerracing said:

Get a truck 5.0 and change the intake cams. The exhaust cams are the same. It will be about 20hp short due to a difference in the compression but still run great in that little car.  

Once you've gone aluminum block, you don't ever go back. :no: 

I can't tell how much better my junk felt going aluminum block from iron and tossing the like 45lb Lakewood bell, block plate, etc., for aluminum.

Add the aluminum DS, too, and I probably shaved 150lbs right there.

I had a 4r70w to begin with, so not sure what I saved by going 5 speed there as well. 

If I can get a tube k and a arms with coil overs, it'll be even better! :yes:

So yeah, I say at all cost, go aluminum. :love: 

Okay.   We've been doing a little work in-between Thanksgiving preparations.  Reinstalled headliner, quarter windows, interior quarter panels, package tray, trunk insulator and upper rear seat.   Later this evening we'll be applying the sound barrier to the floor pans and finishing up the rear seat belts.   Then it's on to putting the dash assembly back in place.   It's starting to look a little like a real car again.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Nostalgic1

Carpet is now in.  Just a few more details and the refurbished interior should be complete.   Once that is done, then it will be on to drivetrain, exhaust and brakes!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Nostalgic1
66sprint6 and Cody like this

Looks like your son is going to be the envy of all his friends.  How did the carpet kit fit?  I've heard some horror stories. 

JohnC likes this

36 minutes ago, 5.SLO said:

Looks like your son is going to be the envy of all his friends.  How did the carpet kit fit?  I've heard some horror stories. 

I don't know about his friends, but his dad is envious!  I've told him if he ever decides to sell it in the future, I demand the right of first refusal.

The ACC carpet actual, fit great.  I had done two other foxbody carpet replacements in the past, and this one required the least amount of trimming to get everything to fit right.  We are very pleased with the product.

Cody and JohnC like this

So our dilemma to this point was his desire for an automatic transmission.  Unfortunately, the controls module offered for putting a coyote in a fox, up to this point, only supports a manual setup.  However, as of last week, it looks like that is going to change beginning in January:

http://www.stangtv.com/features/pri-coverage/pri-2015-ford-rolls-out-coyote-power-module-with-auto-transmission

With this news, not only can we get a controls pack that supports and automatic, we can go with a latemode lead 6-speed auto, to boot!

Edited by Nostalgic1
JohnC and Cody like this