Nostalgic1

Foxbody Mustang Restoration Finally getting busy on Nathan's foxbody...

Rate this topic:

125 posts in this topic

SICK!  Glad to see Steve's still puttin out super slick renderings!  I still have the GIANT one he did of the 66 hangin in my Hobby Room!!!  Subtle yet in your face paint scheme = win from me and you know thats sayin alot considering Ide like nothing more than to see it go back to the original blue and have a nasty sleeper vibe to it.  Cant wait to see it and hope yall BOTH have a blast doin it!

On a side note...what yall doin with the blue interior bits?  Might be a long shot but Im eyeballin a couple coupes and have thought about snatchin up the light blue interior to put in one of em if it ever comes into my possession down the road.  

Matt

Pics of purple car? :D

The purple car is so legendary that it can not be photographed.  It's much like bigfoot or the loch ness monster. :lolz:

The purple car is so legendary that it can not be photographed.  It's much like bigfoot or the loch ness monster. :lolz:

LOL here! 

WINNER!!!  

The orange/red looked badass...but I seriously want the car with the blue accents.  In fact...the want for that car is borderlining the NEED category at this moment.  Im gonna shut this thread down and quit looking at it for a while.

Matt

WINNER!!!  

The orange/red looked badass...but I seriously want the car with the blue accents.  In fact...the want for that car is borderlining the NEED category at this moment.  Im gonna shut this thread down and quit looking at it for a while.

Matt

Somehow I knew you would like the blue version. LOL!

Like is putting it lightly.  I just pictured it bein the light blue where the grey is with the dark blue Saleen stripe and hood setup and almost fell outta my chair but the grey is a WIN for sure.  Cant go wrong with either look tho really, itll stand out without being overly wild for sure!

Matt

Looking good! :up:

I thought the car was going to be more of a dark gray, but that looks closer to silver. Granted, my screen on this laptop isn't color calibrated. But am I correct, it's more silver in color than a gray?

If so, I like it even more now! :yum:

Silver and blue = :love:

Looking good! :up:I thought the car was going to be more of a dark gray, but that looks closer to silver. Granted, my screen on this laptop isn't color calibrated. But am I correct, it's more silver in color than a gray?If so, I like it even more now! :yum:Silver and blue = :love:

No, it is a dark gray. That picture does make it look lighter. Here's the door jamb, it might give you a better idea of the tone:

post-92-0-21257400-1408924816_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nostalgic1
JohnC likes this

Brodie, are you doing the paint and body?

We are.  It's been a long time, but it came back to me pretty quick.  Pretty happy with the results thus far.  By the time I get to painting the exterior,  hopefully it will turn out well.

JohnC likes this

Finished up the tubular k-member, lower control arms and front coilovers this afternoon. I'll get some pics up later. Still deciding on whether to keep the power rack or go with one of the Flaming River manual setups.

Cody and JohnC like this

I was gonna go with a manual rack back when I had it but never got around to it.  The car is light enough and if you dont run a wide front tire you wont even notice.  Then again, for a cruiser/street car power steering is kinda nice.  Get the manual rack and then fab up some electric power steering assist from a newer car.  Its all the rage in the Classic Mustang world right now and Im eyeballing it for the 66.  I already have a manual Rack and Pinion setup, just need to find the room for the electric assist if I decide to go that route.  Its either that or Im going to get some skinnier front tires.  ANYways, look forward to seeing some progress on the car man, hope yall are having fun with it!

Matt

I will agree whole heartedly agree there!!!  My ST does lock to lock in 1.8 turns.  I love it.  The 66 does lock to lock...well actually I got bored and quit counting LOL  It works for now and is a BIG step from the factory setup in the early cars.

Matt

Car is back on four wheels again. Finished up the front suspension and power rack setup with bump steer components. At least I can roll the car around now. First order of business is to get it out of the garage and do a quick tidy of the area then get ready to shoot paint. Pics to come after the garage clean up, as I'm embarrassed about the state it is in right now!

JohnC likes this