Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnC

Judge this run: Red Light or Good Run?

17 posts in this topic

Generally speaking, persons with higher IQs have quicker reaction times.  They also tend to drive 66 GTOs.  He did not red light, it's just that the low IQ starter turned the light on too late.  And, I should add, when compared to the lowest of IQ people that are able to "operate" a motor vehicle (typically called "Chevy guys"), the Pontiac driver only APPEARS to be super-human.

DUH he moved before the light!

Edited by Ashley P
aminga likes this

I'll have to watch it again full screen. On the slowest frame count, it did look like the car moved forward just before the light.

If I were racing for money, I'd do it on the tree so there would be no question who won. :yes:

Know what would make it easier to keep that from being a debate...RUN THE FRICKIN TREE.  Your at a damned track, why not use the tree?!?!?!?!?  If you wanna flash light drag, do a pro tree but it will at least keep things honest and end any squables or debates.

In real time, its daaaamned close, slow it down and it almost makes it even closer but his car lifts the bumper before the light goes.  Final frame by frame shows 3 frames of him moving before the light...BUSTED!!!

Matt

JohnC likes this

In a real drag race where the tree is used, he would not red light by simply loading up the car. He would have to roll out and break the beams.

I didn't see the car roll forward, I only seen it start to and lift. He left on the light.

Don't we all floor out cars before green because on green is already too late? Your car has to respond by loading, lifting, twisting, etc., before it ever starts to leave. :yes:

Am I right or wrong?

I mean, how many of you wait until you see the green bulb? I bet your RT is slow! :lol:

In bracket racing, I used to floor the auto on the moment the 3rd yellow bulb lit and still hardly got close to a perfect RT.

You get what I mean?

But he is not using beams and bulbs with "ready, set, go" warning.  If there is ANY movement of the car AT or BEFORE the start signal it means the driver "went" before the signal.  That is clear in this case.  It is CLEAR that he started before the start signal.

But he is not using beams and bulbs with "ready, set, go" warning.  If there is ANY movement of the car AT or BEFORE the start signal it means the driver "went" before the signal.  That is clear in this case.  It is CLEAR that he started before the start signal.

Well, I guess the rules in skreet racing are different. Guess it was technically a red light! :yes:

Also, if you look at the last frame by frame, the car starts forward before the light which may have tripped the red light beam.  You are correct tho, you start going on the last amber or else your gonna get caught snoozin lol

Matt

Cody and JohnC like this

In street racing if you break a tire. Its a race. Now if the car in the left lane, did not move, and just sat there. It would call for a rerun. If you chase it's a race. we street raced for a lot of years a long time ago. And that was always the rules we raced by. Here or any state we went to.

The other thing about street racing is the rules are loose and change everywhere you go depending on the group your with.  I agree with the above quote but I also couldnt personally accept a victory if I obviously got the jump and therefor would be more than down to run again.  Cars are built to run multiple times yeah?  Why not cool em off and try again.  Whoop em twice and leave no-one wondering the outcome...unless you know you brought to little car with you for the competition.

Matt

From the looks of how close that race was, he needed a perfect reaction to beat the other car, so on this one a second race might have been a lose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interesting....

So basically, he went and chased him so that win is a win for the right lane. :up:

That is correct.

JohnC likes this