I had forgotten about this thread, LOL. Here is an update on what took place over the past few months:
1. New McLeod RST twin disk clutch installed along with new flywheel. (Much easier on the left leg but plenty strong.)
2. TCP front adjustable coilover suspension installed along with GlobalWest tubular upper, tubular lower control arms and adjustable stabilizer bars.
3. CompCams HighEnergy 270 retrofit roller cam installed (replaced the 294 RF roller that was in the car. (I’m sure it lost some overall power as a result, but it is a much more street-friendly grind.)
4. After several years of being installed in the dash, I finally got around to wiring up the radio. Doubt it will get used much but at least you can have tunes if you want them.
5. New Michelin tires on all four corners replacing the 10+ year old BFG’s that have been on the car since we first got it running. Still great tread on them (only 4000 miles on the car since 2005, but I’m sure the integrity of the rubber was suspect.)
Car is much more fun to drive now and handles/rides much better. I still need to track down some rattles in the car and retorque the headers once we’ve put a few miles on it, but these are things you always have to deal with in a 50+ year old car!