A couple months ago my favorite carpenter's Yukon pulled a GM and about fell apart. I fixed a rusty brake line, some ball joints, hub, fluid changes, ect.
Also, I moved my family into my mother's house. An empty house = easier to work on.
Today my carpenter brought a buddy to the basement and we relocated a beam to fit into the concrete wall (as opposed to using a post against the wall) and frame up the staircase (to use as a closet) and a bathroom wall. I should have used a spacer to create a void in the concrete when pouring the wall, but I overlooked that at the time.
It's good to make some progress, and good that the progress will (hopefully) continue through winter time. I planned on it being easier to get a carpenter into a warm/dry basement during cold/rainy season. (Of course, the heat pump went out the weekend we moved, so I've gotta jump that unexpected hurdle too.)
And I think my wife said I could fix up a car after the house addition was finished. But at this point I can't remember where I parked it....